BEGINNER ADULT KAYAK COURSE SERRE CHEVALIER
IN THE PROGRAM
Our adult beginner kayaking course in Serre-Chevalier, which aims to go on the river in class 3, will cover the basics of kayaking, river safety, communication and navigation techniques in calm and white water. It will aim to help participants acquire the skills necessary to safely and confidently navigate Class 3 whitewater river: body position, paddle handling, balance, steering control and braking technique.
What is our program for a kayak course for adult beginners ?
Day 1 :
– Welcome and presentation of the internship program.
– Presentation of the equipment necessary for kayaking in the river.
– Learning the basics of paddling and the basic position in the kayak on a calm body of water.
– Introduction to river safety concepts.
– Learning whitewater navigation techniques on a rough body of water.
– Introduction to reading water and understanding currents and waves.
– Practice the self-rescue technique (Eskimo roll) to turn your kayak upside down in the event of capsizing.
– Practice of the rolling technique for the more advanced.
– Introduction to river navigation in class 2.
– Learning techniques for crossing and crossing thresholds.
– Practice of learning on a small section of river in class 2.
– Practice of river navigation in class 2-3.
– Learning techniques for crossing rapids and waves in complete safety.
– Training in rolling and self-rescuing in the river.
– Analysis of errors and corrections to be made to improve the technique.
– River navigation in class 3.
– Learning to read the water in class 3 and navigation techniques to cross the rapids.
– Putting the learning into practice on a section of river in class 3.
– Feedback on the techniques learned and improvement of the navigation technique.
55€ incl. vat / person 1x2h
135€ incl. vat / person 3x2h
225€ incl. vat / person 5x2h
WHAT WE LOAN YOU
K-WAY / LYCRA
YOU NEED TO BRING
KEEP IN MIND
Conditions of participation
- All participants must be in good shape and able to swim.
- Children must know how to swim without armbands.
- For material reasons the weight limit is 100 kg.
- Whitewater activities involve risks and can result in serious injury or death.
Organization and safety
- The activity is supervised, under the responsibility of a qualified instructor, he is in direct radio contact with the mountain rescue.
- The sessions are organized by level so that you can adapt your choice to your abilities.
- See our security measures in detail.
Insurance and cancellation information
- Consult our General Conditions of Sale.
- In the event of cancellation pronounced 48 hours before the start of the services, and this regardless of the reason, you will be reimbursed, excluding 5€ of administrative costs.
- Insurance highly recommended! Ask your insurers about coverage for the cancellation or interruption of activities at your expense (for personal or professional reasons, injury, accident, etc.)
- Do not hesitate to consult what Assurmix offers